Saturday, December 24, 2011

Christmas Eve



Another cute vintage Christmas card to enjoy!

It's Christmas Eve!

We are celebrating Christmas Eve day with my oldest brother and his family.  This has been one of the longest times apart for us.  We haven't been back to visit them since last Christmas.



This is a photo of my big brother taken some time in the early 1940s.

He was a cute kid...blond and blue-eyed just like my Mom. 

It was very common for children to have their picture taken on a pony back then.

My oldest brother was the only sibling that had his picture taken on a pony...money was tight in those days.  No money for extras like that by the time my middle brother and I were born.  

Times have changed.  

If I wanted my photo taken on a pony now... I could...but I don't want to!  LOL! 

Wishing you and yours a very Merry Christmas Eve! 

No comments: